Join Indian Trails! We are a team of 180+ professionals—drivers, mechanics, sales consultants, and administrative staff—working together to deliver the ultimate in safe, efficient group transportation. Since 1910, Indian Trails has done just one thing—transportation—and nobody does it better.
Indian Trails offers competitive pay and excellent benefits
- medical insurance
- paid holidays
- a 401(k) plan
Our training programs are second to none. The majority of our positions are full-time—a practice that builds a strong workforce and reflects our investment not only in the people who work here, but in the future of our company, as well. We work hard, but we also promote a healthy work-life balance. (When you’ve been family-owned and operated for over 108 years, it stands to reason you’d be family-friendly, too.)
Indian Trails is headquartered in historic downtown Owosso, Michigan and operates from this and two other modern facilities. One is located in southeast Michigan between Detroit and Ann Arbor. The other is located in Kalamazoo, Michigan and serves all of western Michigan and northern Indiana. Each of the three facilities serves as operations and maintenance center from which drivers and coaches are dispatched on their daily assignments.
Career Opportunities to Be a Bus Driver
Are you a people person? Would you rather be on the road—seeing new places and meeting new people—than at a 9 to 5 desk job? Do you enjoy the kind of job where no two days are the same?
If you answered “yes” to these questions and you’re an excellent driver, consider a career with Indian Trails.
- At least 24 years of age
- High school diploma equivalent (GED)
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) or the ability to obtain a CDL
- Consistent employment history
- Clean criminal record (no felonies)
- Fluency in English (reading, writing, and speaking)
- Ability to pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical exam, including drug and alcohol screening
- Availability to work a variable schedule (including nights and weekends)
- Ability to lift or manipulate baggage and cargo up to 75 pounds.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to relate well with customers and fellow employees.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
- Criminal background check
- National Sex Offender Registry check
- Motor Vehicle Registry check
- Department of Transportation physical exam
- Verification of employment history
- Drug and alcohol screening
Bus Driver Training Program:
Regardless of prior experience, all new Indian Trails drivers complete four to five weeks of training. The training includes a minimum of 40 hours of classroom instruction combined with three to four weeks of instruction in the bus (consisting of course work and on-the-road driving with a driving instructor). New hires typically log more than 1500 miles of on-the-road driving by the end of the training period.