Welcome to Indian Trails! If it’s your first time riding a regularly scheduled route with us, you’ve come to the right place. By now, you should have booked your trip and purchased your tickets. If not, you can visit our Tickets page here, or our Bus Routes page to find the bus that works best for you.
Once you have your ticket, there are a few things you should know before taking your first trip:
- Show up to your bus departure location at least 30 minutes before your scheduled departure. This will give you time to find where you need to go and ensure you aren’t rushed to catch the bus.
- Boarding. In larger stations, wait in the building at the gates (line of doors that lead to the bus docks) and wait until the driver starts boarding. The driver will collect or scan your ticket at the door before you head to the bus.
- Choose your seat and get comfy. Don’t worry, you can’t choose a bad seat as all are equipped with plugs/USB ports, temperature control, overhead lights and a footrest. All passenger seats on board are available for use; however, please be considerate of senior citizens and individuals with a disability by allowing them to sit in the priority areas of the coach if asked by the customer or company employee.
- Carry-on baggage. Each passenger is allowed one carry-on bag (up to 25 lbs) for each adult or child, in addition to a purse or laptop. This can be stowed above your seat or underneath the seat in front of you.
- Checked baggage. Each passenger is allowed one piece of checked baggage (up to 50 lbs) to be kept under the bus. A second checked bag fee of $15.00 will apply for additional bags. Checked baggage is stored underneath the motorcoach. Do not leave medicine, jewelry, or any other personal valuables in checked baggage.
- Overhead speaker announcements. Once your trip begins, be sure to listen to your driver for any information they share about upcoming stops and how much time you have once the bus stops.
- Scheduled stops. Depending on the route there will be rest stops or meal breaks that generally last 20-45 minutes. You will be notified by the driver when to be back on the bus.
- Common Courtesy. Always be courteous of other passengers. Music and/or entertainment should be played through headphones, never out loud, and make sure to be aware of your surroundings and where your belongings are.
- Phone calls. Please be courteous of other passengers; if you must take a phone call, keep conversations to a minimum and speak in a soft level.
- Pet policy. Pets are not allowed on board Indian Trails’ buses. The only exception is for legitimate service animals traveling with passengers who are disabled.
- Bathroom. All motorcoaches are equipped with an on-board lavatory. You can use this at any time the motorcoach is in motion; however, we ask that while not going to or from the lavatory that you remain in your seat.
- Prohibited items. Absolutely no alcohol, illegal drugs or weapons anywhere on the bus (including your checked baggage). The full list of prohibited items will be printed on the back of your ticket or claim check.
- Track your bus. Find your bus and receive updates with our Indian Trails Bus Tracker app.
Here’s a short packing list that we found can be useful on your trip:
• Water – bottles or a reusable container you can refill on stops.
• Snacks – think individually wrapped or boxed items like granola bars, crackers/chips, or even fruit like clementines, bananas or apples.
• Packing a carry-on – you can stow this above your seat in the overhead bin, or underneath the seat in front of you. If you have medication, jewelry, or other personal valuables, you should keep that on you. Toiletry items can also be brought on-board and used to freshen up before your stop.
• Phone/electronics charger – all seats have either a standard power outlet or USB plug-in.
• Headphones – please keep volume to a reasonable level while watching media or listening to music.
• Book and games - for entertainment.
For more information please visit our pages below, or contact us.