Indian Trails will be responsible only for transportation on its own lines, in accordance with tariff regulations and limitations and assumes no responsibility for any acts or omissions of others occurring within or outside of the United States, except as imposed by law with respect to baggage. Seating aboard vehicles operated in Interstate or foreign commerce is without regard to race, color, creed, or national origin. Indian Trails will not be responsible for delays caused by breakdowns, road conditions, weather, or other conditions beyond the carriers' control. We ask that you arrive at open terminals thirty (30) minutes prior to departure. Indian Trails will not be responsible for the inconsistencies of various timepieces. If you are departing from a closed terminal or unmanned station we ask you to have proper accommodations until the bus arrives.
Ticket Limitations and Restrictions
- Indian Trails tickets sold over the internet are non-refundable.
- Indian Trails tickets sold over the internet are date and schedule specific.
- Valid ID MUST be presented along with your electronic ticket in order to board the bus. NO other document(s) will be accepted for transportation – ONLY the original boarding pass.
- Special fares are limited for use as endorsed on ticket.
- Indian Trails will not be responsible for lost or stolen tickets.
- Indian Trails will not be responsible for lost or stolen carry-on items.
- Fares quoted are valid on Indian Trails’ schedules and/or those of participating interline carriers listed on the ticket. Fares are payable in U.S. dollars unless noted otherwise.
- All unrestricted one-way and round-trip tickets are good for one year from date of sale, except as noted. There will be no extension of time limits.
- Depending on the date and time selected, not all discount fares may be available on all schedules.
- Fares are subject to change. Fares may be higher during some holiday periods and additional restrictions may apply during various times of the year.
- Fares quoted may be subject to additional charges, including taxes. The final fare will be displayed once a schedule is booked.
- Senior citizen's fares (age 62 or older) require proof of age, presented upon request at the terminal or stop.
- Military discounts require a valid United States military ID, presented upon request at the terminal or stop.
- College student discounts require a valid student ID, presented upon request at the terminal or stop.
- One child who has not reached his or her second birthday, per adult paying passenger, will be carried free when not occupying a seat to the exclusion of another passenger.
- Unused one way and round trip walk-up fare tickets will have a refund value equal to the fare paid by the passenger, less a cancellation penalty, unless otherwise indicated on the ticket.
- Departure date and time for both going and return trip may be changed one time for a $20 fee per ticket, provided that holiday blackout restrictions are not violated. Ticket must be exchanged before scheduled departure time. The oneyear time limit of original ticket also must not be violated. All transportation must be completed within one year of the original purchase date. Origin or destination may NOT be changed in an exchange. Passenger name may not be changed in exchange.
- An advance purchase fare may be upgraded to a walk-up fare ONLY. Upgrade fare charged will be the difference between the advance purchase fare and the walk-up fare. If the walk-up fare is less than the advance purchase fare, no refund will be given. Advance purchase fares may not be upgraded to another advance purchase fare. The origin and/or destination may NOT be changed in an upgrade. Passenger name may not be changed in an upgrade.
- Advance purchase fares are non-refundable.
- Tickets are non-transferable and, if presented for transportation by any person other than the one for whom originally purchased, will be void and may be confiscated by an Indian Trails agent or authorized employee of any bus carrier over which the ticket is issued.
- Indian Trails reserves the right to refuse to transport passengers under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs, or whose conduct is likely to be such as to make him or her objectionable to other passengers or prospective passengers. Such persons may be removed from the bus or terminal by the driver or terminal personnel. In the event of such removal, the liability of Indian Trails shall not exceed the amount of the remaining fare paid by the passenger.
- All Indian Trails refundable tickets are subject to a 20% cancellation fee when presented for refund.
- Refund requests must be presented within one year of date of purchase, on or before date of travel.
- Refund requests must be presented to the issuing carrier, regardless of which company was sold for travel.
- All refund requests for Prepaid Ticket Orders (PTO Tickets) must be made by the original purchaser. If the ticket has been printed, the refund request must include both the purchaser's receipt and the original printed ticket.
- Prepaid Ticket Orders submitted for refund, if refundable, are subject to a 20% cancellation fee applied to the ticket fare. The Prepaid Ticket Order fee is nonrefundable.
- Refunds will only be made from the original tickets. No copies will be accepted.
Acceptable containers for baggage transport include suitcases, sealed and sturdy cardboard boxes, duffel bags, trunks, backpacks, tool boxes, and securely sealed totes. Plastic or paper bags are NOT acceptable containers for baggage service. Acceptable containers must not have sharp edges or protruding objects. Containers fastened together will not be accepted, and must be separated.
Passengers are allowed one piece of checked baggage under the bus. A second bag fee of $15.00 will be assessed for a second piece of checked baggage. Checked baggage is limited to 50 pounds per bag. Do not include medications or jewelry in checked baggage. These items must be carried on. Checked baggage should be claimed at all transfer points and carried by passenger to connecting bus. All baggage must be properly identified. Luggage tags should clearly show the name and address to which lost baggage should be forwarded. Free luggage tags are available at ticket windows and baggage counters. Place your name and address inside and outside of your luggage. Please reclaim your baggage promptly upon arrival. If you do not claim your baggage promptly, an arrival storage charge may be assessed. Passengers are allowed one carry-on up to 25 pounds for each adult or child. Carry-on bags must fit in the overhead compartment or under your seat. This carry-on is in addition to one purse or laptop.
Bicycles transported in baggage service must be contained in wood, leather, canvas, bicycle box, or other substantial carrying case. No bicycles will be transported unless enclosed in any such container. Bicycles transported will be considered one piece of checked baggage.
Interstate Baggage Liability
Liability for loss or damage to checked baggage is limited to actual value not to exceed $250 for all baggage checked on one adult ticket or $125 for all baggage checked on one child ticket unless greater value is declared at time of checking, at which time charges for excess value will be collected and receipt issued. Declared value cannot exceed $1000 per passenger. You may purchase excess value protection at the ticket counter, but note that it does not cover valuable articles and certain other prohibited articles which are not accepted as baggage. Ask an agent, or contact the Indian Trails office at 800.292.3831 for information concerning restricted articles and limits on the value of baggage checked.
Tickets for unaccompanied children are not sold online. Any passenger under the age of twelve (12) must be accompanied by a passenger at least seventeen (17) years of age or older at all times. Passengers between the ages of twelve (12) and sixteen (16) years of age, inclusive may travel unaccompanied for a $5.00 fee, payable at the point of origin. Unaccompanied children will be charged the fare applicable to adult passengers. Each of the following conditions must be met in their entirety:
- The passenger’s trip will begin and end on the same schedule (no transfers).
- The passenger’s trip will be no longer than eight (8) hours in duration.
- The passenger’s trip must be between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- Both the origin and destination stations are full service agencies.
- The origin station will be open at the time the passenger is scheduled to depart.
- The destination station will be open at the time the passenger is scheduled to arrive.
- Parent, Guardian or Legal Custodian of the child must complete and sign the Unaccompanied Child Form authorizing the child to make the trip and return this form with ID to the agent on duty. This form specifically names the person authorizing the trip and the person meeting the child at the destination station and the telephone number at which this person may be contacted. It also provides an emergency contact name and telephone number in the event it is needed.
- In order for the child to be released at the destination, the person named on the Unaccompanied Child Form as the one meeting the child must have positive identification, such as a driver’s license or state issued identification card, and provide such to the agent at the destination station. Without such identification, the child will be released into the custody of the Child Protective Services or to local law enforcement officials in the destination city.
If any of the above conditions are not met, then the passenger must be accompanied by a passenger at least 17 years of age or older in order to travel.
Effective June 15, all Indian Trails schedules will be reservation based capacity controlled schedules. As part of this change, unticketed customers will no longer be allowed to pay a cash deposit to the driver. Customers wishing to board without a ticket from a closed location or highway stop will be sold a cash fare ticket to the next open station, pending space availability. These customers are not guaranteed a seat, and if the bus becomes full in route to the next open station, cash fare customers will be deboarded and must wait until the next available schedule. Customers ticketed for that specific schedule will be given priority over unticketed customers. We strongly encourage customers traveling from non-agency locations to purchase their tickets online or at the nearest agency prior to travel.
If you have any questions regarding our terms and conditions, please feel free to contact us at [email protected], or send a letter to:
109 East Comstock St.
Owosso, MI 48867